PYMBLE VET CORONAVIRUS PROTOCOLS & PLAN
In order to ensure the safety of clients and staff so that we can continue to care for pets as needed we ask:
- are under quarantine
- at risk of COVID-19 who have travelled to high-risk countries in the preceding fortnight
- who are displaying clinical signs
PLEASE return to your car and ring the clinic on 94994010 for instructions on how to proceed
Don’t worry we will still be able to see your pet. We may take your pet at the door and do a phone consultation or open-air consultation with you.
Clinical signs to be noted are fever, a cough, sore throat, tiredness and shortness of breath
Pymble Vets social distancing guidelines:
- We have hand sanitiser at the front desk, please feel free to use this on arrival and after you leave
- To reduce close contact with others we have removed most of the waiting room chairs and ask clients to come and let us know they are here and then wait outside in the open air for their appointment.
- Cats in carriers are welcome to stay with us whilst you wait for your appointment. Sick animals will be immediately admitted to the nurse to triage.
- Seating is reserved for those who need a seat and we endeavour to keep them at a safe 1.5m distance from other members of the community.
IF you are quarantined at home and have difficulty in accessing medications or food for your pets we shall endeavour to do home deliveries.
Please give us as much notice as possible in this difficult time so we can help you as best we can.
Can COVID-19 infect pets?
There have been reports from Hong Kong that a dog owned by a patient with COVID-19 has tested positive to the presence of the virus in its nose and mouth.
This is maybe a case of human to animal transmission, however, the dog’s first blood tests have been negative.
At this stage, there is no evidence that pet dogs or cats are a source of infection to other animals or humans. We are continuing to monitor this situation and will provide updated information as it becomes available.
Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or concerns by replying to this email or calling the clinic on 94994010.